<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

ROUND ELEVEN
My pick: Andy Pettitte.
Why I made this pick: I want to have a corps of starting pitchers that will give me a chance to win every day. Pettitte may have been ovelooked because of his injury problems last year and because The Juice Box makes his numbers less impressive than they should be. Still, he held opposing batters to a sub-.300 OBP, struck out almost a batter per inning and had a respectable WHIP.

Best value of the round: Phil Nevin at the end of the round is a terrific value. The opposite of Pettitte, his numbers were deflated by San Diego's home park, and he has an excellent Equivalent Average, the second-highest still available. Brad Penny, Mike Gonzalez and Juan Rincon, players I was considering with my pick, also qualify.

Biggest surprise: None leap out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?